To be perfectly honest, who doesn’t like cake? From those stressful days at work to those fun festive parties, cake has always been there for us. But every new year, come January, we abandon its fluffy filling in hope of shedding a few pounds, leaving it to dry up in the shop window. Like everything, cake is good for you in moderation, so before you decide to turn down a piece of birthday cake heaven — here are 10 reasons why you should lick those lips and say yes!
- The flour and sugar in cake gives us much needed energy, and I can't think of anyone in today's rushed world who doesn't need a bit of that?
- You want to. So many things in life are out of reach to us, but cake isn't. Don't take it for granted, make the most of it!
- Sugar increases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people live longer!
- Because it is better to eat cake and do a little exercise than never have cake at all.
- The secret to a happy life is a healthy balanced diet. This includes a slice of cake from time to time, fruit cake? Even better!
- Chocolate has proven heart-healthy benefits, so yes to that chocolate cake!
- Cake can reduce stress levels.
- Cake is the best way to celebrate any occasion and bring everyone together.
- Eating a little snack before bed can help you sleep - and cake is sure to give you sweet dreams.